I’ve been nominated for the Liebster and Sisterhood of the World bloggers awards! Thank you so much to Gem Livia and Sarahanne14 for the nominations, so grateful! Please check out their gorgeous blogs, especially Gem’s post on The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty (great idea, think I’m going to take up her challenge and do a post on this myself) and Sarah’s beautiful Valentine’s Day Nails.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer a few questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post
As you can see the rules are pretty similar so I’m going to attempt a mash-up, fingers crossed! I’ll answer all of the questions for both awards below. Then I’ll choose 11 bloggers (6 for one award, 5 for the either), and mash up my fave 11 questions from Sarah and Gem to pass on to the nominees.
Questions from Sarah:
1. Why did you start blogging? To celebrate the unusual and the creative, plus I guess I want to make the world a little tiny bit happier.
2. What is the last song you listened to? Emmylou by First Aid Kit
3. What is your favourite animal? Goats! I love them!
4. What is your favourite makeup brand? Benefit
5. What is your favourite store? Asos for every day, Hardly Ever Worn it for designer bargains!
6. Do you have any pets? Yes, the amazing Miss Dolly Parton (cat) and Tarren (Welsh Mountain rescue pony who lives at my parent’s animal sanctuary). A spider has been living behind my wing mirror for months. Now it’s winter he’s moved into the car, behind the sun visor. I’m phobic about spiders but I’m quite attached since he survived “carwash-gate” and so I should consider him a pet too! He’s called Peter Parker.
7. What is the meaning behind your blog name? I got the idea from the awesome MGMT song Electric Feel. And I wanted the blog to be about all things eclectic!
8. Do you have any talents? I play Ukulele, guitar and harmonica, and I love to sing. Thinking of buying an accordion or an electric guitar, can’t decide, any suggestions?
9. What is your zodiac sign? Cancer, and I’m very typical of the sign- loyal, caring and oversensitive!
10. What are some of your future goals? Have a family, become a rock star, have an awesome blog, stay healthy, buy a house, visit Uganda, visit every US state.
11. What are 3 things that make you happy? My loved ones and Dolly, anything lemon flavoured, and the family I help to support in Uganda.
Questions from Gemlivia:
What is your all time favourite mascara? Lancome Hypnose with the Alber Elbaz packaging!
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Hawaii
What do you order at starbucks? Caramel Iced Latte
Favourite high end and drugstore brand? Elizabeth Arden; Boots No 7
Who is your celebrity crush? The Killers
What is your favourite band? The Killers!
What is your favourite quote? It’s my blog header – “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different” – Coco Chanel
What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self? Chill the f*** out.
What is your star sign? and do you think it has an impact on your personality? Cancer, and I’m very typical of the sign- loyal, caring and oversensitive!
What are you phobias? Spiders, heights, mushrooms, mean people, snakeskin.
Sincerely, Miss Design
Miss Trina Bina
Fi’s Little Blog
Geek and Chic
Growing to Independence
Questions for my nominees (Liebster and Sisterhood, same questions for both):
1. What is the last song you listened to?
2. What is your favourite animal?
3. What is your favourite shop?
4. What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
5. Do you have any talents?
6. What are 3 things that make you happy?
7. What is your all time favourite mascara?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
9. What do you order at Starbucks?
10. Favourite high end and budget cosmetic brands?
11. What is your favourite quote?