1. I’ve been nominated for the “Encouraging Thunder” blog award! Thank you so much to Encouraging Life for this lovely award. You know how sometimes you’re feeling slightly down about your blog, doubting yourself, not feeling inspired? Well I sometimes feel like that anyway – I sure was feeling it this week and then I got this award, which has made me feel inspired again 🙂
2. Our house purchase fell through this week. I know, that doesn’t sound inspiring! But instead of crumbling, we’ve managed to approach it with a zen-like calm (mostly), taking comfort from the knowledge that it wasn’t meant to be – to quote my favourite saying, “What’s for you will not go by you”. Our dream house is out there somewhere… Continue reading 7 inspiring things that happened this week
I love blog awards! I hadn’t had one for a little while so I’m extremely grateful to the lovely Amanda Says. I’ve been following Amanda for a while now and she’s a very supportive blogger so please do check out her blog. Her posts are always unusual and quirky – she’s a woman after my own heart!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Share 5 facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers and add their links
- Notify the bloggers you included
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy to everyone to know what to do!
Five facts about me:
- I’m an ecologist in my day job, and I specialise in bats. I’m off to do a great crested newt survey this evening!
- I have a mushroom phobia – bleeeugh, hate them!
- I once stood (with a beekeeper) in the middle of a swarm of 20,000 bees. I’m allergic to bees.
- I got my Master’s degree at Edinburgh University, where in order to graduate, you have to be hit on the head with John Knox’s pants!
- I play ukulele, guitar and harmonica, and I love to sing.
I nominate the following awesome bloggers:
- Violet and Eloise
- Milkshake Kingdom
- Lucky Otter’s Haven
- Jack Collier 7
- Little Awkward Fox
- Stereotypically Able
- Ravishing Roses
- Vacation Mode
- A Vibrant Day
This post is about politics and women. It’s a more serious post than my usual art/fashion/travel/inspirational posts, but hopefully just as uplifting and positive. This post is aimed at UK readers, but also to women all over the world when it comes to making your views heard (see links at foot of page) – and to all men, too, because I firmly believe that men will benefit equally from having a balanced government. Say goodbye to any of the tired old feminist stereotypes and have a think about what you want, and what you believe (I am a project manager and senior team member in my company. I frequently work on all-male contractor sites. With gel nails and mascara. I sometimes wear 4 inch heels, and sometimes Converse. I am an ordinary woman not defined by any one stereotype. I’m so tired of facing sexism and I want my voice to be heard). Continue reading #VIEWSNOTSHOES!
Thank you so much to Orbb’s Fashion for the nomination, awesome, so grateful! (and sorry it took me a while to do this post). Please check out her lovely fashion blog, which features themed picks across a range of clothing stores, often focussing on affordable ranges for those of us who might be a bit skint! My current favourite is Youthful Exuberance – loving the blue suede boots and heart shaped pastel sunglasses!
Continue reading I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award!
Just wanted to share this yummy and healthy recipe with you, thanks to Sincerely Aimee – wish I could eat this right now after a long day at work!
Yippee! It’s Red Nose Day! For any non-UK readers who haven’t heard of it before, it’s an awesome day of fun to raise money for Comic Relief. the money raised is spent to transform the lives of millions of people, both at home in the UK and across Africa, and is much beloved by us Brits. Comic Relief alternates every other year with Sport Relief, which raises money for the same good causes, but with less custard pies and more hard graft. Basically, it doesn’t matter what you do, just do something funny for money! If you can’t do, watch Comic Relief all of Friday evening on the BBC, and give some money! Continue reading Colour me Friday: Red Nose Day
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster and Sisterhood of the World bloggers awards! Thank you so much to Gem Livia and Sarahanne14 for the nominations, so grateful! Please check out their gorgeous blogs, especially Gem’s post on The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty (great idea, think I’m going to take up her challenge and do a post on this myself) and Sarah’s beautiful Valentine’s Day Nails. Continue reading Liebster and Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award Mash-up!
Two Months! I remember sitting down two months ago and thinking how amazing it would be to get maybe five followers (and begging my nearest and dearest to be my first followers – did anyone else do this or just me?). Here’s five things I’ve learned from my two months as a blogger, hope you can relate: 🙂 Continue reading My Two Month Blogiversary