1. I’ve been nominated for the “Encouraging Thunder” blog award! Thank you so much to Encouraging Life for this lovely award. You know how sometimes you’re feeling slightly down about your blog, doubting yourself, not feeling inspired? Well I sometimes feel like that anyway – I sure was feeling it this week and then I got this award, which has made me feel inspired again 🙂
2. Our house purchase fell through this week. I know, that doesn’t sound inspiring! But instead of crumbling, we’ve managed to approach it with a zen-like calm (mostly), taking comfort from the knowledge that it wasn’t meant to be – to quote my favourite saying, “What’s for you will not go by you”. Our dream house is out there somewhere… Continue reading 7 inspiring things that happened this week
I love blog awards! I hadn’t had one for a little while so I’m extremely grateful to the lovely Amanda Says. I’ve been following Amanda for a while now and she’s a very supportive blogger so please do check out her blog. Her posts are always unusual and quirky – she’s a woman after my own heart!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Share 5 facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers and add their links
- Notify the bloggers you included
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy to everyone to know what to do!
Five facts about me:
- I’m an ecologist in my day job, and I specialise in bats. I’m off to do a great crested newt survey this evening!
- I have a mushroom phobia – bleeeugh, hate them!
- I once stood (with a beekeeper) in the middle of a swarm of 20,000 bees. I’m allergic to bees.
- I got my Master’s degree at Edinburgh University, where in order to graduate, you have to be hit on the head with John Knox’s pants!
- I play ukulele, guitar and harmonica, and I love to sing.
I nominate the following awesome bloggers:
- Violet and Eloise
- Milkshake Kingdom
- Lucky Otter’s Haven
- Jack Collier 7
- Little Awkward Fox
- Stereotypically Able
- Ravishing Roses
- Vacation Mode
- A Vibrant Day
Thank you so much to Orbb’s Fashion for the nomination, awesome, so grateful! (and sorry it took me a while to do this post). Please check out her lovely fashion blog, which features themed picks across a range of clothing stores, often focussing on affordable ranges for those of us who might be a bit skint! My current favourite is Youthful Exuberance – loving the blue suede boots and heart shaped pastel sunglasses!
Continue reading I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award!
Two Months! I remember sitting down two months ago and thinking how amazing it would be to get maybe five followers (and begging my nearest and dearest to be my first followers – did anyone else do this or just me?). Here’s five things I’ve learned from my two months as a blogger, hope you can relate: 🙂 Continue reading My Two Month Blogiversary
Feeling so happy…I’ve just been nominated for my second blog award in a week! I so love being part of the blogger community – such a warm, positive and welcoming atmosphere! Thank you to Jen at avoninsiderblog for nominating me – check out her blog if you haven’t already. I love her recent post on Pantone’s Colour of the Year: Marsala, especially as I’m half way through writing a post on this colour myself for a future Colour me Friday post! Continue reading I’ve been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger award!
Thank you so much to the lovely Jen…
I’ve just been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Stephanie Casey over at Dress Dynamic! I was feeling pretty down about work and this has totally lifted my spirits, thanks so much Stephanie! Please check out her gorgeous blog, especially her Gold Triangle Boho Nail Tuturial, which I can’t wait to try. Continue reading I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!