Project fail

Awesome is a colour

As with about half my projects, this one failed. What I saw in my head and what came out are completely different. But I did mention it in a previous entry, so I owe it to you to report on it.

What was supposed to look like a crisp botanical transfer print, destined for my living room wall, came out a bit naff. It’s not about the transfer medium, though, that worked well, but I need to rethink the whole thing.

So here is the process.

20141129_103010

You’ll need Dala Transfer Gel, a paintbrush and a printout of your image, bearing in mind the finished product will be a mirror image. I can’t remember where I got this image, so I can’t credit the source, but if someone knows, please let me know and I’d be happy to.

20141129_103020

Paint the glaze onto the picture in two layers, and paint the…

View original post 148 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s